7 Easy Ways to Make PACKING FOR SUMMER VACATION Fasterby Dorothy L. Clear, CPO on 05/16/19
Unless you are the type of person to wear your flip flops all year round, now is the time to dig them out from the back of your closet…because spring is here! That means summer vacations are in the planning stages for most of us. Getting ready for a trip does not have to be stressful if you do a few things ahead of time. Here are seven tips to help get you ready before you have to pack your clothes the day before you leave on vacation or that weekend get-away.
NOTE: I am not affiliated with any of the company links used in this blog.
1. Have a list of what you need to pack. This reduces the risk of forgetting something you will need and having to purchase it later. You can create this list yourself based on your needs or find the perfect printable online. Here is one to get you started:
2. Sort through your cosmetics or toiletries bag. Prepping this now will save you precious time right before you leave. It helps to have a designated waterproof bag, or you can use a gallon size Zip Lock baggie. This is a sample of a hanging toiletries bag. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016MW5Q5I/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B016MW5Q5I&pd_rd_w=F4rM9&pf_rd_p=46cdcfa7-b302-4268-b799-8f7d8cb5008b&pd_rd_wg=nuZpN&pf_rd_r=QSHBEHQR6MFQ3KYCH2EV&pd_rd_r=610fba61-7715-11e9-825e-f767610a7f33
3. Select a small bag for all your electronic cords. Depending on how many gadgets you have (phone, mobile Wi-Fi, extra battery, ear buds), you may need any size from a pencil case to a 5 x 8 inch pouch.
NOTE: If these bags are similar in look or style, more than one person will access them, or are not transparent you may consider labeling them. I am including this related article, "15 Best Travel Electronic Organizers for Your Cables & Gadgets Reviewed 2019". It covers products from basic to extra. https://independentwolf.com/guides/best-electronic-organizers/
4. Purchase shoe covers or shower caps weeks before your trip to cover your shoes. This is one can hold up to three pairs of shoes and is the one I personally use: https://www.containerstore.com/s/travel/clothing-accessories-organizers/eagle-creek-translucent-specter-pack-it-shoe-box/12d?productId=11005581
5. You might want to have a foldaway re-useable bag to use as a carry-all for a day trip, a souvenir shopping excursion or to isolate your laundry for the trip home. Here is an example of one: .
6. Whether you are alone, with family, in a car, or on a plane, plan ahead what you will do to keep busy while you travel. If you have children plan road trip games, bring travel size board games, activity or coloring books. Adults and young adults may want to choose one or two books to bring, or magazines or puzzle books. These items will come in handy if you have to wait on a delayed flight or you are laying on a sunny beach.
7. Finally, depending on how long you will be away, ask a neighbor to pick up your mail; or, visit the local post office to suspend mail delivery until your return. Do the same if you have a newspaper delivered.
As you think of additional tasks or items needed add them to your packing check list. Here's wishing you sunny skies, safe travels, and bon voyage.